Monday, October 22, 2007

Comeback nation...

No way this guy takes steroids. It's players like Dustin Pedroia that keep me lovin' baseball.

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox for their ALCS championship. Last night, they defeated the Cleveland Indians 11-2 for the pennant. Sox pitcher Josh Beckett was MVP. The World Series starts Wednesday, Red Sox v. Colorado Rockies.

One of my top three teams made it! My fan loyalties are:
  1. Chicago Cubs (yes, I am a lovable loser)
  2. NY Yankees (they were on TV all the time when I was a kid, and were America's team. Besides, I'll take Derek Jeter over anyone in baseball.)
  3. Boston Red Sox
My wife grew up in New England and is a loyal citizen of Red Sox nation. She can't understand how I can like both the Yankees and the Sox. I guess it's just my midwestern, middle-of-the-road style.

No comments: