Saturday, July 19, 2008

NEW BOOK STUDY...

For the next couple of weeks, I'll be blogging on this book, THE TANGIBLE KINGDOM: Creating Incarnational Community, which finally has shown me a picture of what a truly "missional" church might look like. The authors, Hugh Halter and Matt Smay, serve among a group of congregations known as Adullam, a network of missional communities in Denver.

Some of the material I've read on "missional" ministry is still grounded in the attractional, programmatic church model. This book is truly different. It is about Christians living out their faith in the world, in relationship with their neighbors, involved in their communities, taking part in real life as the sphere where we follow Christ.

I look forward to sharing my observations with you. Hope you'll comment too.

No comments: