Thursday, February 5, 2009

LISTENING RECOMMENDATION...

When we lived in Chicago, I loved to listen to Milt Rosenberg's radio program late in the evening. In my experience, his show, Extension 720, has proven to be an ongoing one-of-a-kind, post-graduate level seminar on a host of interesting topics. Now, when the atmosphere is right, I can still pick up the WGN signal occasionally and catch the general drift of the discussion when the static fades.

Of course, that is not necessary. WGN's website gives one the ability to listen online, and Extension 720 is also available as a podcast. I give it my highest recommendation as a way to keep your mind sharp as you participate in literate interactions on subjects that range far and wide with some of the world's most intelligent people.

No comments: